Every biennium, the TLBC Research & Education Fund awards over 60 scholarships ranging in values from $1,500 to $4,000 to qualified high school students from across the state. Students are awarded at the Scholarship Banquet during the Summit. As of the Fall 2015, the Texas Legislative Black Caucus will have awarded some $360,000 to over 180 deserving high school students in Texas to help them reach their dreams and goals and ultimately become the future leaders of tomorrow.
1. Student must be a U.S. citizen.
2. Student must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average. *the six at large TLBC member district recipients of the $4,000 scholarships will be required to have a GPA above 3.0
3. Student must be a Spring 2017 graduating senior from a Texas Education Agency (TEA) accredited high school.
4. Applicants must be enrolled full-time (12 + hrs) in the Fall 2017 in an accredited college, university, or community college to receive scholarship funds. Scholarships will be awarded only for undergraduate study.
5. Scholarship recipient selection(s) will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status, or any other factor, which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
6. The following people will not be eligible for a scholarship: Relatives of the current TLBC Scholarship board member, relatives of any TLBC Caucus members, relatives of any current member of the Texas House or Texas Senate or relatives of any staff of all the previously mentioned held positions.