Sponsoring and promoting legislation to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality public education beginning at pre-K, through K-12 and Higher Education by:
- Providing solutions to reform school finance to adequately fund our public schools.
- Restrict and eliminate unnecessary and unreasonable discretionary discipline and policing practices in schools.
- Fully funding full day pre-K for minority communities; and
- Supporting our Historically Black Colleges & Universities and Predominantly Black Schools
- Closing the academic performance gap between African American boys and their counterparts (racial and gender).